8th grade lifting
All incoming 8th grade boys are invited to these training sessions to get ready for our summer offseason workouts.
Click Here for Details.
"Sportsmetrics is a six-week jump training program that meets three times per week on alternating days. Click here for brochure. Each session is approximately one and one-half hours and includes the following components:
* Dynamic Warm-up: Prepares the body with functional based activities that use sport specific motions.
* Plyometrics/Jump Training: Plyometrics are used to focus on correct jumping technique and are divided into three two week phases. Each phase has a different training focus and the exercises change accordingly.
* Speed and Agility Training: Emphasizes body alignment and form while performing sprinting and cutting movements.
* Strength Training: With emphasis on body alignment and form, this section focuses on development of core strength and improving overall muscular efficiency.
* Flexibility Training: Stretching is essential to achieve maximum muscle length, allowing muscles to work with power through complete range of motion.
* Pre- and Post- testing: Detects deficiencies and identifies athletes who may have an increased risk for serious knee injuries. Testing includes drop jump test, hop test, single leg squat, vertical jump and hamstring flexibility.
* For more information or to register: www.lakeshoreorthopaedics.com/sportsmetrics"