Please read all of the following infomation as you will have to sign off on all of it. Thankyou.
As a parent and as an Athlete it is important to recognize the signs, symptoms, and behaviors of concussions. By typing your names below you are stating that you understand the importance of recognizing and responding to the signs, symptoms, and behaviors of a concussion or head injury.
PARENT CONCUSSION AGREEMENT
I have read the Parent Concussion and Head Injury Information and understand what a concussion is and how it may be caused. I also understand the common signs, symptoms, and behaviors. I agree that my child must be removed from practice/play if a concussion is suspected. I understand that it is my responsibility to seek medical treatment if a suspected concussion is reported to me. I understand that my child cannot return to practice/play until providing written clearance from an appropriate health care provider to his/her coach. I understand the possible consequences of my child returning to practice/play too soon.
ATHLETE(S) CONCUSSION AGREEMENT
I have read the Athlete Concussion and Head Injury Information and understand what a concussion is and how it may be caused. I understand the importance of reporting a suspected concussion to my coaches and my parents/guardian. I understand that I must be removed from practice/play if a concussion is suspected. I understand that I must provide written clearance from an appropriate health care provider to my coach before returning to practice/play. I understand the possible consequence of returning to practice/play too soon and that my brain needs time to heal.
IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT
In case of accident or serious illness, I request that the coaches or trainer contact me. If they are unable to reach me, I HEREBY AUTHORIZE the coaches:
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
- To call and follow the instructions of the physician or to call for ambulance for assistance if needed
- To take whatever arrangements as seem necessary in their judgement.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the MLHS JR. LANCER ATHLETIC PROGRAM, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledge and agree that:
- While particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk of serious injury from activities involved in athletics, the risk does exist; and,
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown; and,
- I fully understand and agree that MANITOWOC LUTHERAN HIGH SCHOOL, the MLHS JR. LANCER ATHLETIC PROGRAM, its coaches, and designated parties may not be held responsible for injuries sustained by me or my child on or off the field or court; and
- I will comply with all rules and regulations of the MLHS JR. LANCER ATHLETIC PROGRAM; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazards during my presence or participation, or if injury occurs while participating in an activity, I will remove myself or my child from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest team official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, and personal representatives, hereby release and hold harmless the MLHS JR. LANCER ATHLETIC PROGRAM, its members, officers, coaches, officials, agents, employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property.
I have read this Medical Information & Waiver Agreement, fully understand its terms, and sign it freely and voluntary without any inducement.
Jr. Lancer Agreement
In registering for the Jr. Lancer Athletic Program, I agree to and understand the following:
Christian behavior is expected from all players, parents, and coaches at all times.
I/my child will attend all practices and games. Opportunity to participate and excel is guaranteed, but playing time is not.
Those that consistently attend practice, give 100%, and show understanding of new concepts and skills will deservedly play more.
I give permission to MLHS to utilize and release photographs or information about my student's participation in the program (including newspapers, radio or TV stations, flyers, websites, etc.)
All fees will be paid at time of registration prior to participation.
I will be financially responsible for any program-owned equipment not returned in good condition promptly after the season.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND ELECTRONICALLY SIGN OFF ON THE INFORMATION ABOVE.