|Receptionist & Faculty Assistant (Updated 5/25/18)
POSITION CATEGORY: Regular Part-Time; Hourly
SCHEDULE: 30 hrs/wk (6hrs/day, Monday-Friday) during the school year (approx. 8/16 – 5/31) and 15-20 hrs/wk (4 hrs/day, Monday Thursday) during summer (approx.. 6/1 – 8/15)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Receptionist position supports the operations of the school by serving as the first point of contact for the school, and will provide administrative support to faculty, students, parents and administration. The Receptionist position will direct people and inquiries to appropriate areas, and ensure that all administrative tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality in a timely manner.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The position of Receptionist reports directly to the Business Manager.
JOB DUTIES / REQUIREMENTS: This list is not intended to be a complete listing, rather an indication of routine and recurring items requiring attention.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed.
- Serve visitors and students by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately.
- Maintain building security by following procedures and controlling access (control door access, monitor logbook, issue visitor badges, etc.)
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned (filing, printing, photocopying, collating, faxing, petty cash, etc.)
- Prepare & post hot lunch menus; assist as hot lunch program cashier.
- Schedule substitute teachers.
- Enter attendance in school student information system.
- Maintain a clean and orderly office environment.
- Order office supplies as directed
- Sort & distribute mail
- Document creation as directed (eg. fine arts, athletic & academic events; student materials; correspondence; etc)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel).
- Professional appearance.
- Detail oriented.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal, including phone etiquette.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure.
- Minimum of high school degree.
- The Receptionist is expected to conduct him/herself in a manner consistent with doctrine of the WELS and guidelines in place for MLHS employees to be helpful and welcoming toward all employees, students, and guest of the school.