Mission and Vision
“Manitowoc Lutheran High School develops young adults spiritually, mentally, and physically through a Christ-centered education.”
MLHS' Vision Statement
“We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord” (Psalm 78:4) is Manitowoc Lutheran High School’s reason for ministry. MLHS strives to develop young adults for far-reaching, life-changing roles for living Christian lives of service. MLHS will be viewed as a quality school offering exceptional educational opportunities. MLHS partners with families and congregations to develop Christian young men and women. The vision of MLHS is multifaceted and always reflects the love of Jesus. MLHS will, by God’s help, strive to:
1. Equip young Christians to be life-long learners who are able to understand and employ the Word of God, teaching them to properly distinguish Law and Gospel, and to express the hope they have in Christ.
2. Encourage students to lead a Christ-centered sanctified life, encouraging ongoing personal study of God’s Word, and treasuring the sacraments of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
3. Encourage Christ-centered lives of service in God-pleasing vocations, encouraging an appreciation for the privilege of prayer that is ours through Jesus Christ.
4. Encourage our students to enter the preaching and teaching ministry.
5. Turn out life long learners with skills that include intuitive thought, coping strategies, transfer of learning, communication proficiency, and technological literacy.
6. Offer a comprehensive curriculum that meets the academic, physical, and spiritual needs of the students.
7. Serve as a magnet to unify the Federation in promoting, offering, and supporting Christian education.
8. Serve as a tool of the Federation in reaching out to those who do not yet know Jesus Christ, the world’s only Savior from sin.
9. Strengthen the bond between the individual and the home congregation.